Click on the highlighted scores for more game details.High School
This weekend’s Copper Island Classic varsity hockey games between Calumet and Hancock have been postponed. Hancock school officials say a respiratory illness has sidelined so many Bulldogs that they can’t field a full team. No make-up dates have been announced. The JV contests will be played, with today’s game at 4:00 at the Colosseum.
The 11-player high school football championships continue at Ford Field in Detroit.
• In Division Eight, Ottawa Lake Whiteford defeated yesterday Ubly 26-20.
• In Division Seven, Jackson Lumen Christi and Traverse City St Francis play this morning at 10:00.
• In Division Six, Negaunee fell to Grand Rapids West Catholic 59-14 yesterday. The Falcons scored 45 points in the second half, and set a new Michigan High School Athletic Association record for highest score in a championship game.
• In Division Five, Gladwin plays Frankenmuth today at 4:30.
• In Division Four, Grand Rapids South Christian shut out Goodrich 28-0 yesterday.
• In Division Three, Detroit Martin Luther King meets Muskegon this evening at 7:30.
• In Division Two, Warren De La Salle Collegiate overpowered Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central yesterday, 52-13.
• In Division One, Caledonia and Belleville play today at 1:00.
The 20th-ranked Michigan Tech hockey team shaded 10th-rated Minnesota State 3-2 last night. Logan Ganie, Kyle Kukkonen and Kash Rasmussen scored. Blake Pietila made 33 saves, including 24 in the third period. The Huskies host the Mavericks again tonight at 6:07.
Northern’s hockey team, and both Finlandia hockey teams, have the weekend off.College Basketball
The Michigan Tech men’s basketball team plays at seventh-ranked Minnesota-Duluth today, and at Saint Cloud State tomorrow.
The Northern men’s team plays at Saint Cloud State today, and Minnesota-Duluth tomorrow.
The Tech women’s team ripped Saint Cloud State 82-49 yesterday. Soraya Timms and Isabella Lenz led a balanced attack with 13 points each. The Huskies entertain Minnesota-Duluth today at 2:00.
The Northern women’s team fell to Minnesota-Duluth 50-37 yesterday, and host Saint Cloud State this afternoon.
The Finlandia men’s team will face Aurora University this afternoon in Escanaba.NHL
The Red Wings picked up their fourth straight win last night, edging the Coyotes 4-3 in a shootout. Filip Hronek scored in his fourth straight game. Andrew Copp and Jordan Oesterle also found the net in regulation. Dylan Larkin scored the only goal in the shootout.
The Wings host the Maple Leafs Monday night. Because of NFL football, coverage will begin at 7:45 on KBear 102.3.NBA
The Pistons fell to the Suns 108-102 last night. Bojan Bogdanovic led Detroit with 19 points. Killian Hayes and Alec Burks each added 17.
The Pistons host the Cavaliers tomorrow.NFL
The Packers visit the Eagles in the Sunday night game. Coverage begins at 7:30 on 99.3 The Lift.
Upcoming local sports broadcasts: Tuesday – Calumet hockey skates at Jeffers. Coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.Thursday – Calumet basketball hosts Iron Mountain. Coverage will begin around 7:00 on the Voice of the Copper Kings, KBear 102.3.Friday – Houghton hockey hosts Traverse City Central. Coverage begins at 6:40 on the Voice of the Gremlins, 97.7 The Wolf.
Email sports news and results to firstname.lastname@example.org.